- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- 3 basil leaves
- green smell to taste
- 1.5 kg of chicken fillet
- 2 calabrese sausages, cut into sticks
- 150 grams of cheese, cut into sticks
- Toothpicks (to close)
- 1 egg (for brushing)
- Gather all the ingredients;
- In a blender, place the onion, garlic, salt, basil leaves, green smell and beat until it forms a cream (if necessary, add a little water);
- Pass the seasoning on the chicken fillets, smearing the pieces well;
- Open the fillets and add, in each, a strip of pepperoni, one of cheese, roll up the meat and secure with a toothpick. Repeat the process until finished;
- Arrange the rolls in a greased refractory;
- In a bowl, beat the egg lightly with salt;
- Brush the beaten egg on the rolls and take it to the oven preheated to 180ºC until golden (be careful not to dry the chicken);
- Now just serve.
Serve with white rice, green salad or even mashed potatoes.
Adding some sliced almonds to the filling brings a special flavor.
Enjoy your meal!